New Friends

DH and I drove to Florida over the weekend and met a charming couple. They live in Florida half the year and their home is on Prince Edward Island the other half. They own a B&B up there in "Anne of Green Gables"-land.

We had a wonderful visit with them. I was thinking on the drive home how rare it is to meet "kindred spirits"...at least, we've found it so as a married couple. There are times when one of us will meet someone we could feel connected with, but the other half of the couple... well, let's just suffice it to say that there doesn't seem to be a lot in common. It was nice to find a couple that we felt at ease with and enjoyed.

People we meet, people we see, situations we hear about... everything merges together to form what we draw from when we write. I'm always excited about new places to go, because I know that somewhere out there, I will find something that will spark a new idea or a new way of doing things. I don't know that I will ever run out of something to write about.

Comments