Wednesday Weekly Blogging Challenge: First Website I Remember Visiting




If it's Wednesday, it must be time for the Wednesday Weekly Blogging Challenge. Today's topic is "the first website I remember visiting." Click here to see the other responses.

And, to be honest, I have absolutely no idea. Y'all have to remember, I'm old. And I've been on the internet since the last century. My kids were born in the 80s and they hardly remember a time when there was no internet. I remember with our first computer, coming out in the morning, turning it on, making coffee, listening to the dial up whirring, and.... by the time the coffee was ready... MAYBE it would be connected.

I remember being part of some writing groups back then... the one I was most active in was called Writers Ink. It was fun. We had a five word prompt where we were encouraged to write the shortest piece we could using all five words (sort of like our Friday Five... if you like to play around with words and do a little no-pressure writing... here's your chance.

So.. yeah.... not sure it was a website (think it was more like a message board) but that's my answer and I'm sticking with it!

Comments

  1. I was pushing 30 before I even went online for the first time... lol.. so I understand. I'm glad it exists, though, so we could meet and be friends :-)

    Also, I remember Writers Ink!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss message boards! They were so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I certainty don't miss dial-up, although whenever I hear the noise in a movie or TV show I do feel nostalgic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I miss message boards too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like an early BBS, which was where I got my start too. And yeah, those were a lot of fun! It was a very different experience from the modern Internet in a lot of ways.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do miss message boards. I used to read the ones on IMDB and laugh at all the trolls.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment