Wednesday Weekly Blogging Challenge: My "go-to" book or movie for a pick-me-up



This is an easy one... I don't get down very often, but when I do I turn to one of two movies to pick me up. They always make me feel better. Most of you won't be surprised that Princess Bride is one of them. But, the other one... well, that might catch y'all off-guard... Tremors (the original one with Kevin Bacon, Fred Ward, Finn Carter, Michael Gross, and Reba McEntyre. It doesn't take itself too seriously and that's part of what I love about it (same for Princess Bride). And... in both there's this:



via GIPHY



As far as books go--- I'm not a rereader generally unless I'm starting a series over because a new book is coming out. And....not always then.

How about you?

Comments

  1. I picked The Princess Bride, too. Yay!

    My <a href="https://lydiaschoch.com/wednesday-weekly-blogging-challenge-my-go-to-movie-for-a-pick-me-up/”>post</a>.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Princess Bride is a classic. Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I introduced the kid to "Tremors" a couple weeks ago. It's a classic.

    And "Princess Bride", I mean... what's not to love??

    ReplyDelete
  4. IS THIS A KISSING POST?

    Sorry, I couldn't help myself! The Princess Bride is in my top three all-time favorites! Also, I chose Tombstone so I can't say Tremors is any less odd. :D

    My post

    ReplyDelete
  5. Princess Bride seems to be the winner today. It's a great movie. https://pmprescott.blogspot.com/2020/06/wc-062420.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh dear, I still haven't seen the Princess Bride. Shame on me. Gotta rent that one. Good list. Thanks for sharing. Here's mine. https://www.tenastetler.com/lsrs-wednesdays-blog-challenge-my-go-tobook-or-movie-for-a-pick-me-up/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both are great movies, and I would absolutely use either of them as a pick-me-up. ("We decided to leave town just one damn day too late!" is practically my motto...)

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Princess Bride is so much fun! I read the book too and it was a hoot.
    I haven't seen Tremors or even heard of it but I'll look it up. Ta!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, I love Tremors! You can't beat Kevin Bacon.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment