Wednesday Blogging Challenge: A Day in My Life


As most of you know, I'm co-owner, along with Marianne Arkins, of Goddess Fish Promotions and Long and Short Reviews. These websites keep us both very busy.

On the book tours that Goddess Fish Promotions organize, we ask that the hosts have their post up no later than 4 AM on their scheduled date. Because of that, we are up at 4 AM to check and make sure they are!

Other than our early wake up call, I don't have a routine day. If my husband is working (he also owns a business), I wake him around 7. If not, I let him sleep :-) We breakfast and, after that, I have my morning chores - feeding cats, cleaning litter boxes (so much fun), feeding fish....and various and sundry other chores).

Work takes up most of my days - interspersed with household chores. I follow The Fly Lady's way of doing things, taking 15 minutes of every hour to get out of my recliner and do work around the house. Working on the computer, it's too easy to sit and not move (not good for my house nor for my hips!)

Working for myself, however, also has its benefits. If I need to do errands or meet my husband or friends for lunch, I can do that. I also go visit my mother every afternoon - she had a stroke 3 years ago and is in an assisted living facility.

After supper is normally more work until bedtime. It's a true saying that a man may work from sun to sun, but a woman's work is never done. There is always something to do in LASR, Goddess Fish Promotions, or my house. I can say this, though... I'm never bored!

What's a day like in your life?

Comments

  1. I like the getting up and moving for 15 minutes of every hour thing. I try to do it, too. Usually mine involves putting the dogs out. Lol! Good post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How do you get up so early? I have to get up at 5:30 and it's testing me.
    I really admire the work ethic. It's amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What time do you go to bed at night? I'm an early riser, too, but I manage it by going to bed at 9pm most nights. Ha!

    My post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're a good daughter. :)

    I try not to get up earlier than five, but this year's time change is wreaking havoc on my internal clock this time.

    Good on both of you for running your own businesses. Not everyone can do it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow, I didn't realize you were the co-owner of both! That must indeed keep you busy on the computer. I like the idea of getting up for 15 minutes every hour!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's awesome you go visit your mom every day. :) I'm jealous that your days are generally unstructured. It'd be a nice change from the daily routine.

    My post!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL... as you know, I knew this. We are partners in the butt crack of dawn :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. And that was me at LASR forgetting to logout of that account (just as a way to prove I actually work there, too, I guess). :-P

    ReplyDelete
  9. Echo and Lydia... 4 AM is NOT my favorite time of the day. I'm much more of a night owl by inclination. I don't set my alarm on Saturday mornings and Friday night is my favorite night of the week . I usually try to hit the bed by 9... lights are out usually around 10 or a little after.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Put me down for another "How do you manage?" I don't think I could get up at 4:00 a.m. without using chloroform on the boys (and then myself, most likely) every night. Very impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I remember the FlyLady! I'm very impressed that you manage all that and also get up so early.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment