Monday Musing

Yesterday, Bob and I took the day off. We wandered up country a bit and hung out at the Mossy Creek Barnyard Festival. It's been a long time since we've just taken off. We've gone to the coast and we went to the writer's conference. But, this is the first road trip we've taken in a while. Probably since the Fire Ant Festival. We had such a good time! There were some wonderful entertainers...we missed the Irish dancers, unfortunately. But, we watched a couple of ladies sing a really neat song. You might want to make sure your volume is up.



Lisa Lynne and George Tortorelli soothed us with the Celtic Harp and Bamboo Flute. Unfortunately, you will also hear some talking in the background, but I hope you enjoy this short clip.




One of the most entertaining...uh....entertainment was at the homemade ice cream booth. Sweet Georgia Sound, the local chapter of Sweet Adelines, regaled us with wonderful ice cream and even better vocalizing. And, if you look quick, you'll see a shot of Bob buying ice cream.




Mossy Creek Festival also had some tremendous craftsmen. One of them, in particular, is going to definitely be added to the "Judy's Gift Ideas" file on Bob's computer. Kemberley Giddens makes some of the most beautiful jewelry I've seen. You can see a sample of her work here. She makes some lovely miniatures and beads.





Unfortunately, I don't remember this gentleman's name.



He was doing some woodwork and I asked him what he was making.

"I'm making my wife's Christmas present." He paused a second, looked up and grinned, then added, "It's an axe handle."

"You are such a considerate husband," I responded.

He looked over at me, a twinkle in his eye, and said, "Well, if I didn't...she'd get cold."

Mossy Creek Barnyard Festival runs the third weekend in April and October. We're already making plans to go back in the fall. If you can make it, let me know. I'd love to meet all my blogging friends there.

Comments

  1. I love days like this. It sounds like you had a great time. Thanks for sharing the photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love visiting places/festivals like this. You did a great job recounting your fun times!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing this.
    I completely forgot time.
    What a great day you have had.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment