Weekly Wednesday Blogging Challenge: Pets I Used to Have






My grandparents - well, my grandmama - used to breed dachshunds and my very first pet was a beautiful, sweet little girl:



We had dogs the whole time I was growing up...mostly doxies.

I also had a rabbit that I "won" after an Easter egg hunt:



The won is in quotes because I only won by default. The child that actually won it never came up to claim it (Mama figures her parents said...nope, not today!) I was offered the bunny, looked at my grandmother and, in her words, "I was going to say no but couldn't resist those pleading eyes." She lived a nice long life and got HUGE.

When the kids were growing up, we also had dogs (and cats)... various ones through the years. Here's one picture:



Now we just have one cat (we had two, but DC - pictured below - passed away with cancer). We do so much traveling that it's not in the cards for us to have a dog.



Here is our present cat, ST:

Comments

  1. Anonymous7:12 AM

    Aww, I love these photos. So cute!

    Lydia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Animals are one of life's wonders. I also had rabbits growing up. Unfortunately, we can't have a cat because I'm allergic but I'd love one, they're very regal creatures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous12:37 PM

    It was a lucky day for ST when she found you.

    M~

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved my rabbits, they're fun pets. Sorry to hear about your kitty though. We lost our Nayla to it last year.

    My post

    ReplyDelete
  5. This weeks entries have a lot more pet rabbits than I expected! We had cats for a long time, though I mostly grew up with dogs. It's always sad to finally lose them, but life is better with them around.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous7:08 PM

    Nice clear photos anyway, and current cat looks like a handful of fun.

    (Priscilla King)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dixie Jackson10:17 PM

    Awesome photos and I love the story of how you acquired the bunny. Sounds like our adventure with acquiring a kitty. Bunnies can be a lot of work! I'm not sure I'd want to keep another.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love these photos. Adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great photos. What a lovely bunch of pets

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment