Wednesday Weekly Blogging Challenge: Favorite Scary Monster






When I was a little girl and would spend summers with my cousins in Charleston, I looked forward to watching two things on television we didn't have on our TV.... roller derby and Dark Shadows!

That first introduction to the brooding, mesmerizing vampire that was Barnabas Collins started a life-long love affair with the vamp.



Then, as a young adult (college age), we had Interview with a Vampire...the book... which just deepened my love of the vampire.

And...the 1979 DRACULA, cemented it:



What's not a love? A tortured soul looking for redemption (and can we say they are really really hot?... lol)

Comments

  1. Anonymous8:39 AM

    Vampires are cool for sure!

    I’ve never read Interview With a Vampire. Sometime I should, though. :)

    Lydia

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Dracula. Vampires are a good choice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! Another vampire fan! Hahaha - I wanted to add Barnabas to my list, too, but it was already much too long as it was. LOL But I discovered Dark Shadows in the 90's thanks to The SciFi Channel.

    My post

    ReplyDelete
  4. My favorite Dracula, Frank Langela really looked the part.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Vampires are a classic, and I love Stephen King's remark that the great challenge for each horror writer is how to interpret the lore on them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do love a good vampire story.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment