Wednesday Weekly Blogging Challenge: Movie Set in My Town





We have had a few movies shot in Tifton in the last couple of years (including two of Bruce Willis' last movies) - it's been very exciting around here! Now, I'm taking some liberties here, because they weren't actually SET in the town... for instance, the first one is set in mid-century LA but apparently our downtown area looks a lot like LA did at the time.

Gasoline Alley starring Bruce Willis, Luke Wilson, and Devon Sawa was filmed mostly in Tifton, beginning in March 2021.

There are many shots of Tifton in the trailer (including the red doors of the theatre where I act in community theatre!)



White Elephant with Bruce Willis, Michael Rooker, and Olga Kurylenko. Here is a blog post about the explosion you will see in the following trailer:



Bandit starring Mel Gibson, Elisha Cuthbert, and Olivia d'Abo was filmed partly in Tifton as well as several other locations.

Fun times... and we are looking forward to many more movies being filmed in our area!

Comments

  1. That must have been so exciting! Did you know anyone who worked on the set or was cast as an extra?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lydia, there were a lot of people who were used in crowd scenes. One thing I loved about it was that the crew took up time with some of my theatre camp kids who wanted to learn more about how films were made/makeup/etc. They were super nice people.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was very kind of the crew. It's interesting watching a movie and seeing familiar sights.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so cool. That there a movie film in your town. I could find anything that was film in my hometown.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's really cool. I love Bruce Willis, too!

    My post.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I ran into the same issues for Richmond. A lot is filmed in the area, very little is really about being in Richmond.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Georgia is little Hollywood now, so lucky you!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's funny to me just how many movies are ostensibly set in one place, but shot in another.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have to admit I needed to look up Tifton - I'm Canadian and not that good at the geography of my own country, let alone any others! It's so interesting the way places are used in film. This is fascinating!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'll have to check these out!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment