Wednesday Weekly Blogging Challenge: Something About a Pet




I've almost always had pets and, along with having pets in your life comes the fact that you will lost them. The first pet I remember losing was our dachshund, Greta. My grandmother bred doxies and, while this isn't her, the markings are the same.



She didn't die... someone stole her out of our yard. I remember sitting in class, thinking about her, and weeping.

My last experience with losing a pet was one of the sweetest cats I ever know... D.C., who passed away with cancer. She is still missed.

Comments

  1. What beautiful pets!

    I hope whoever stole Greta gave her a good life. What a bizarre thing to do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Doxies are such sweet dogs, I'm sorry that someone was such a jerk. When I was in high school, I had a friend with the most beautiful Irish Setter - someone stole him, too.

    Aw, DC was a beautiful kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My goodness, such lovely animals. Who goes around stealing dogs? That's just... horrible.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Losing them is so hard. They were lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What beautiful pets. We lost our cat Tigger 8 years ago and still miss him.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Losing a pet is really hard. It's terrible that someone stole your dog. Your cat was lovely.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment