Wednesday Weekly Blogging Challenge: Something I Collected as a Child



Growing up, other than books of course, I didn't really collect anything to speak of. I was always too busy reading or playing outside to worry too much about collecting things.

One year for Christmas, though, I did receive an album for collecting stamps and a huge bag of foreign stamps. It was fun for a while looking at the stamps and trying to match them in the album. I even got Mama to order some extra bags of stamps a time or two. It didn't take, though, and I hav eno idea what ever happened to the album.

Another year I received a couple of those blue albums for collecting coins. Same thing... it was fun for a while, but I lost interest eventually.

Even to this day, I'm not much of a collector of things and, the older I get, the more I crave simplicity and decluttering. I do, however, make a huge exception for Santas and snowmen! Here's a small example:



How about you?

Comments

  1. I like how you said...other than books! Books are a given :) Thanks for stopping by!

    Colletta

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that you mention it, I had a coin collection, too! It's still packed away somewhere in storage. Stamps would be another neat thing to collect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your collection Santas and snowmen, Judy. We had books growing up, but the library was a great source. Now as an adult, I do collect rare editions of books.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice things to collect. the Santas and snowmen are a good touch. https://pmprescott.blogspot.com/2021/01/the-good-goddess.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've bought the USPS hardback collectible book for a couple of impactful years (one was the year my daughter was born). They have all the stamps (uncirculated) released that year and the story behind them. I also have all the state quarters they released way back when in a book. But that's it.

    Love your Santas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had a similar experience. Played with stamps and coins but they never stuck either. Pretty look at, but it doesn't last.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love all the Santas!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I had real trouble with this prompt because as far as I remember, I didn't really collect much of anything as a kid. As an adult, well, maaaybe... so I went with a list of Books To Get Me Through instead.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I remember those blue things you collected coins in. Had a few. Those Santas are cool. I love Christmas stuff. So cheerful. Thanks for sharing. Here's mine. https://www.tenastetler.com/something-i-collected-as-a-child-lsr-blogging-challenge/

    ReplyDelete
  10. I thought about stamp collecting as a child, but it never really took. Books though... yes.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment