Wednesday Weekly Blogging Challenge: 5 Best Places I’ve Visited



I have been so fortunate as to travel quite a bit. Here are a few of the places I really enjoyed:

1. A couple of friends and I had the opportunity to take a "girls' only" vacation to England, Wales, Ireland, and Scotland back in the day. It was only a couple of weeks, but those week still stay in my memory as one of the best vacations ever. Most of our time was spent in Ireland (the friend that arranged the trip was a master at making travel affordable.... we flew Kuwait airlines. No frills but it got us there!) We rented a car and drove. Had a base of operations in the tiny village of Spiddal, west of Galway on the coast, and made numerous day trips. I could write an entire blog post about that trip... maybe I will one day.

2. My husband and I love the beach and we have been fortunate enough to buy a small place in Lanark Village, Florida, near Carrabelle. I love that area. The people are friendly, the views are phenomenal (our place isn't right on the water, but that's okay... it's only a minute's drive... and we have friends with a view ).

3. North Carolina is another wonderful place I've visited... but unfortunately not for a while. And, okay... this is because 4 of my 5 grandchildren live there. I admit, that's a huge draw. But the state itself has so much to offer, from the beach on the east to the mountains on the west. And the Raleigh area, where my older two daughters live, is pretty much smack in the middle. Did anyone say day trips? If I ever relocated from where I am now, I would be hard pressed to not move to that area.

4. I live in Georgia, as many of you may know. We have some great places in Georgia to visit as well. One of our favorite places to stay is on the Georgia/Alabama line. We enjoy staying in state parks and had a great time at the George T. Bagby state park. No, we don't camp... but many of the state parks have great cabins or lodges. The people are really nice. We're hoping to make another trip there as soon as we feel safe enough to do much traveling.

5. And, what a great segue into northern Alabama. We've visited there twice for anniversary (in the fall, so a great time for leaf peeping!) The scenery is just as beautiful and it's not nearly as crowded as north Georgia! Win-Win! They have a winery tour we're going to do next!

Comments

  1. Your England, Wales, Scotland, and Ireland trip sounds amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you've had a lot of great trips. I love NC, too. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your girls trip sounds amazing. I think it's wonderful that you have such good friends and good memories.
    I know NC. I grew up in Raleigh.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ireland and Scotland have always been on my bucket list. We love to stay at state parks either camping or renting a cabin. Sometimes staying close to home can be lots of fun :) I hope you can stop by:

    https://collettaskitchensink.blogspot.com/2021/01/wednesday-weekly-blogging-challenge-5.html

    Colletta

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love beaches and the ocean. It's been so long because our state closed the beaches. Great post, Judy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Trips like these give the longest lasting memories. I was born in NC and took a bus load of kids to Ashville. I really enjoyed it there. https://pmprescott.blogspot.com/2021/01/wc-011321.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. We have great leaf-peeping in NH ... just saying ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Enjoyed your post. I took enjoyed NC and we have friends in Georgia. It's a world away from Colorado. Loved the beaches in Florida. So green and so many trees. LOL Thanks for sharing. Here's mine. https://www.tenastetler.com/5-best-places-ive-visited-lsrs-blogging-challenge/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those sound like some really awesome trips. I'd love to reach a point where it feels safe to travel again.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'd like to visit Ireland one day. I've been to Dublin, which I loved, but that was it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like you've been to some lovely places!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment