Friday Five: deport, deliver, direction, distributor, sister



I am so very excited that Long and Short Reviews is starting a writing prompt! This is a great way to get my creative juices flowing, and it's been way too long since I've done any writing! So... let's get started! Today's words are: deport, deliver, direction, distributor, sister

*****


Sister Mary Frances tightened her lips against the angry words that wanted to come tumbling out. She's been warned often enough about her temper getting the best of her. How she would have liked to kick the old Ford right in the door though. Why hadn't she paid more attention to her dad and brothers as they rattled on about distributor caps, rotors, and other things under the hood of a car that made it work. Maybe then she would be able to know what to do other than kick the car, hurt her foot, and have to confess yet again about her loss of control.

With a sigh, she looked around - which direction would be the best to take? She could go back to the convent, but that wouldn't help deliver the supplies that had been promised to the soup kitchen. On the other hand, she couldn't carry them the whole distance.

Taking a deep breath and making an internal promise to deport herself in a manner that would be pleasing to God, she locked the car and turned herself toward town. Surely she would find someone who could help.

Comments

  1. Your Sister is so much nicer than mine. Guess that follows.... look at who wrote what! LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this and I can relate to it, too. Don't know a whole lot about cars myself.

    But I'm cackling at the fact you and Marianne both had sisters in your stories and I had... two nutty narcos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poor Sister Mary Frances! I'd like to think she received help quickly. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was good. I loved the nun. I can't wait to read the next installment. I hope you keep her around.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment