Wednesday Weekly Blogging Challenge: A Profession from a Book I'd Like to Try



I have read a couple ofcozy mysteries recently and absolutely loved the main characters' occupations. I love my job, but in a different time and a different place in my life, I could so see being involved in these jobs (and solving a mystery too? The plum on the top of the pudding!)... and that's a good seque to:

The Oxford Tearoom Series by H.Y. Hanna features Gemma Rose, who owns a quaint English tearoom and has a knack for getting involved in mysteries. Each book features a wonderful recipe and the one of the best cast of secondary characters I've read in a long time. I would love to own a tearoom in England (okay, let's be honest... I would love to own just about anything in England...sigh)

The Bibliophile Mystery Series by Kate Carlisle is another book that touches on a love of mine... old books. Brooklyn Wainwright is a gem at repairing and restoring wonderful volumes.... I could get behind this job as well. She is in great demand to speak at conferences and her job takes her all over the world. Sign me up!

What about you?

Comments

  1. Good examples of being a detective. https://pmprescott.blogspot.com/2020/12/wc-200920-profession.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had the same answer!

    Working at a tearoom would also be cool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sold on the first series if there are cats. I love the ones with cats as characters. I'm a lousy detective, so you could be the detective for me. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. If I had any talent for either of them, those both sound like wonderful choices.

    My answer is here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beiig a detective is another profession I'd like to try. A paralegal was close on the cases I worked for 18 years, but... Good choices. Thanks for sharing. Here's mine.https://www.tenastetler.com/a-profession-from-a-book-id-love-to-try-lsrs-blogging-challenge/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now that is a lovely answer! and that Oxford Tearoom series is to die for. haha! Pun intended! - Kri from Pine Enshrined

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'll have to try that Oxford Tearoom series. I've got more into mysteries lately.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment