Wednesday Weekly Blogging Challenge: The non-fiction book everyone should read and why



As anyone who has followed along with these posts should know, I'm not much of a non-fiction reader. To me, most nonfiction books I treat like reference books -- I'll dip into them if I'm looking for something I need to know.

However, there is one book I think everyone should read... most writers have probably read it, but even if you aren't a writer, it's just an interesting book. I bet you can guess. It's.

















On Writing by Stephen King
And, I'm not the only one that feels like it's worth reading. In 2008, Entertainment Weekly included On Writing on their "The New Classics: Books – The 100 best reads from 1983 to 2008" list. So, I'm in good company :-)

Comments

  1. Ooh, great pick! I couldn't agree with you more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is an excellent book, too! Great choice.

    My post

    ReplyDelete
  3. Got it and read it, even posted about it. https://pmprescott.blogspot.com/2020/09/wc-093020.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent choice. I have it in my reference library and re-read it at least once a year. Thanks for sharing. Here's mine. https://www.tenastetler.com/non-fiction-book-everyone-should-read-why/

    ReplyDelete
  5. What I find really funny is that some readers think less of romance writers, expecting that we're all deviants who spend all of our time indulging in steamy sex--at least that's one of the two reactions I always get when I mention what I write. Either they waggle their eyebrows then wink--or they act like they just stepped in something smelly and gross.

    But does anyone believe that Stephen King has bodies buried in his backyard? Or hauntings going on in his house? Of course not. It's fiction, right? Double standards are a bummer.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's been sooo long since I read this, but it really is a great book. Nice choice!

    My post.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's one of my few writing books I read regularly. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have two copies of it because I loved it so much and might have read it into pieces. Might. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment