Wednesday Weekly Blogging Challenge: My Favorite Holiday of the Year



My favorite holiday of the year has always been Christmas. From the time I was a little girl, Christmas was a magical time for me. I love Christmas movies, Christmas music, Christmas lights. I love the sense that anything can happen.

It's a time when families try to get together... our kids are now scattered, but I still love buying them gifts and trying to figure out the perfect gift for them. They are wanting now more "experience gifts" as opposed to physical gifts...they all feel they have enough "stuff" ... so it's been fun checking out things near where they live for year memberships.

I still enjoy decorating my house, even if the kids aren't able to come home - I decorate it for me. Of course, I do have to admit that the undecorating is not nearly as much fun these days.

What about you? What's your favorite holiday?

Comments

  1. Christmas is for sure a favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christmas has been a popular choice for this prompt!

    My post: https://lydiaschoch.com/wednesday-weekly-blogging-challenge-favourite-holiday-of-the-year-and-why/

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a great idea, experience gifts. I like that. Then you get to do something and make a memory, too. The gift that keeps on giving!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Christmas always makes me feel young. A definite favorite of mine, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Christmas is such a magical time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Christmas also. I bake 6-8 kinds of cookies every year, and we still get a real tree, even though not all of our kids can make it to our house to see it. When they were young, we used to go to tree farms. Husband would make a big deal out of asking the tree we chose, "Do you want to come home with us and celebrate with us?" He'd use an arm to make the tree wiggle, while the kids' eyes opened wide at the idea the tree wanted to be our tree. Fun memories!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Christmas is my second favorite. Love the sights, sounds, smells of the holiday season. I have to agree with you, the undecorating is not nearly as much fun as the decorating. But I still decorate the whole house. Thanks for sharing, here' mine. https://www.tenastetler.com/lsrs-wednesdays-blog-challenge-favorite-holiday-of-the-year-and-why/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Christmas is a sort of mixed bag for me; I like the holiday, but I frequently dislike the holiday season, if that makes any sense. But I can tell from reading this just how much you like it, and why.

    My answer is here.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The memberships are a great idea! We have the most trouble figuring out gifts for the kids because they have so much already. We do send a lot of books.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think that idea of giving "experience" gifts is a terrific one. You do tend to have too much stuff by the time you get to a certain age but you can never have too many experiences.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm all for experience gifts myself. I can never think of physical gifts.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment