Wednesday Weekly Blogging Challenge: Book Boyfriends or Girlfriends



No having to think and ponder about this one... these days it's Roark from J.D. Robb's In Death series and Jamie from Diana Gabladon's Outlander series. Two very different men... from two very different times. But.. they are both Irish, which might be part of the draw. I have Irish in my heritage and, several years ago, I had the chance to visit Ireland and I truly felt like I had come home. Maybe there's something to generational memory. I don't know.

When I was a kid, Anne of Green Gables and Jo March from Little Women were some of my best book girlfriends. I loved hanging out with them. The three of us had our "scribblings" and it made me feel like I belonged to have friends who also liked to write.. and who actually were successful at it! It gave me hope.

How about you?

Comments

  1. Those are lovely answers. :)

    My post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that. I'm part Irish, too, so I get the draw. I have a thing for Scotsmen. :-) Good list!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Roarke! Yes, please … ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I liked Roarke! Haven't read Outlander yet though. Eventually!

    My post

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have to agree with you too. Irish men WooHoo! Thanks for sharing. Here's mine https://www.tenastetler.com/blog-challenge-book-boyfriend-or-girlfriend/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice to like different characteristics in your friends. I enjoyed the first two seasons of Outlander, but moved on to other things. https://pmprescott.blogspot.com/2019/12/writer-friends.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Roarke is definitely a popular character.
    Growing up in Canada, Anne of Green Gables was like a childhood friend. Always there, always available when you needed her :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Jamie, too. Such a wonderful character! I can definitely see the appeal. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ah yes, I like Irish men too.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment