Wednesday Weekly Blogging Challenge: A Strange or Useless Talent I Have



What a fun topic! And, I'm looking forward to reading what everyone else has to say!

One of what I consider a completely useless talent is that it's not uncommon for me to hear a word or phrase and know a song that goes along with it (often to the chagrin of my husband and children). My one question about that is, how can I remember all the lyrics from a song 40 or 5o years old that I might not have heard in years but have trouble remembering what I walked into the kitchen for?

Another strange talent I have (that my kids especially hated) is the ability to pinch with my toes. Not only is it helpful when I drop something in the house, but it was handy to get the attention of the young'uns :-)

What about you? What talents do you have?

Comments

  1. Remembering song lyrics is a handy talent for sure!

    My post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband says I should've been on name that tune because I can remember song lyrics and or melodies when only hearing a little bit. Maybe we should team up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. these are both cool talents!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those actually sounds cool!😍

    Here is mine
    https://diaryofablackcitygirl.wordpress.com/2019/11/13/wednesday-weekly-blogging-challenge-a-strange-or-useless-talent-i-have/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Long term memory is a blessing when it comes to music you loved growing up. I use songs I love from then to get rid of earworms. I don't mind whistling or remembering Sounds of Silence or Wendy or Innagoddavida verses something I just heard on The Voice or Idol. https://pmprescott.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow you have great/fun talents! Pinching with your toes is useful, I'd think. Thanks for sharing! Anyway, here's mine. https://www.tenastetler.com/lsrs-wednesdays-blog-challenge-11-13-2019-a-strange-or-useless-talent-i-have/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I often think I can't remember important things because my brain is full of song lyrics and useless facts. Hahaha.

    My post

    ReplyDelete
  8. I definitely appreciate your skill at "name that tune". I used to play a variation of that on long car trips as a kid.

    My catalogue of obscure hits of the 70's and 80's is....impressive.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Remembering song lyrics is very cool, but pinching with your toes sounds like a minor league superpower! (Youch!)

    My post is here.

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG. Yes! I do exactly this! Sometimes I don't even realize I'm singing! Hahha

    My post: https://whiskeyonmykindleblog.wordpress.com/2019/11/13/wednesday-weekly-blogging-challenge/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Remembering song lyrics is a great talent. I can do this to a degree, but always for really random songs.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment