Wednesday Weekly Blogging: Popular or Famous Books I Don’t Plan to Read


I was thinking about this topic and, normally, I'm not the type to say "never"....but on this one series, I think I can be safe in saying I won't be reading the 50 Shades series. One, I don't read erotica (not that I'm a prude, but I've tried and find I normally skip over the sexy parts to get back to the story) and, two, I've heard from people I respect that it's just not very well written.

Another series I don't plan on reading is an older one... WEB Griffin's books. I know people love him, but I'm not all that interested in military fiction and these (from what I've seen) are huge...so, yeah, not planning on reading those.

And, let's not forget The Twilight series...I tried with that, honest I did... made it through the first book but was so not interested in reading the others. Nor seeing the movies.

And, there you have it.. my very limited list of books I'm not planning on reading. What about you?

Comments

  1. I have to agree with your list. I've got two of those three on mine, too. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had the same reaction to 50 Shades and Twilight.

    My post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read Twilight, too, and thought it was okay enough to try book two. But I couldn't get through even a few chapters of that one!

    Thanks for visiting me earlier.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not big on military fiction either, but occasionally I do find a good one.

    Also... I think you're the one who loves J. D. Robb's In Death series? Just wanted you to know I'm almost done with the first and am really loving it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. As a history teacher I've always loved military fiction. I read the 50 Shades books just to say I did. It's more about the crazy ex-girlfriend than bdsm.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment