Wednesday Weekly Blogging Challenge: Books that Deal Well with Tough Topics



Today's topic is one that I'm not all that familiar with - reading is my escape from the reality of life. As such, I tend toward escapism reading -- even if the genre is dark (like horror), I'm still reading strictly for enjoyment. So... what to do what to do.... let's ask Google what it thinks.

And.... Google came through. Here's a list of popular hard topic books from Goodreads. Do they deal well with them? I've read very few books on this list.

I did love Charlotte's Web and To Kill a Mockingbird. The others I'm not familiar with. What about you? Have you read any of these books? Which do you recommend?

Comments

  1. I read and enjoyed The Hate U Give from that list you shared. I don't know if you'd like it, but I would recommend giving it a shot. There's a movie based on it that came out recently, too!

    My post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm the same way. I don't read to have more reality dumped on me. That said, Charlotte's Web and The Book Thief both handled their subjects really well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH, Aymee ... The Book Thief! That's a good choice. I love the author anyway (One of my surprisingly favorite books ever is his, "I Am the Messenger"). TKAM is about the only assigned reading in school I actually liked.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I struggled with this on initially, too. Good idea to check google!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Executing Grace looks interesting. Thanks for the link.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I did love The Book Thief and To Kill a Mockingbird, which surprised me.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment