Wednesday Weekly Blogging Challenge: My Superpower



I have to admit, I went blank when I first saw this topic... so I asked my business partner. She said, "Staying upbeat even when life sucks." This resonated with me... especially now. We have had a rough few weeks here. Actually, this whole month. Started off when we went to the coast for Labor Day (we have a small house near Carrabelle, Florida), only to arrive and discover that the power was out to half our house. Fortunately, we have a friend who has electrical knowledge, and he was able to determine that we were only getting half the power from the pole (did you know that a 220 box was actually just two 110s coming in? yeah, me either). Fortunately, the power company was in the area and able to fix it reasonably quickly.

Then, our youngest daughter was in the ER twice over the weekend with a severe asthma flare up. As soon as we got back from the coast, I packed and headed to her house to help out and stay a week. (she's much better, thanks!)

Got home on Wednesday to company at the house (my siblings had come in to celebrate Mama's birthday the following day ... she turned 87...side note: she had a stroke three years ago and is in a skilled nursing facity. Her mind is good but she has mobility issue and aphasia). Fun times... that part of the month did not suck, but was definitely busy and out of the ordinary routine.

Then, this week, received a call that Mama was sent to the ER with chest pains in the middle of the night. She's fine--pneumonia-- and is being released today, but ...yeah... it's been a month.

And, Marianne gets to deal with me on a daily basis, so ... I'll take that as my superpower.

As an addendum, I would say I also have the ability to get up at dark-thirty in the morning and be pleasant even before my coffee... so there's that. LOL.

Comments

  1. Wow, you've been through a lot lately.

    Maintaining a positive attitude when everything seems to be going wrong is an excellent superpower. That's something I struggle with, to be honest.

    I hope life calms down for you soon.

    My post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go you that you can be pleasant before coffee. Many a meme wouldn't be in existence if that was the case for most people. I think your super power is being awesome, but I'm partial. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. There's more to juggling than tossing balls in the air. Getting through all those problems in one piece is a true super power.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's so important to be able to stay positive when the world's crashing down around you! I try, but I don't always succeed. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree, staying positive is a great ability to have.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment