Wednesday Weekly Blogging: What to Read to Learn about X


Today's topic is "what to read to learn about X." I racked my brain to decide what to write about. I enjoy writing, but I'm not sure there is any one book I would suggest if you wanted to learn about writing-- well, maybe Steven King's On Writing. It's a very interesting book, even if you aren't an author.


If you are interested in gardening in Georgia, where I live, this is a really good book. I consult it not infrequently while planning my yard work.

I taught myself touch typing when I was in high school (a million years ago) using a book similar to this. I can't remember now if it was this book or not, but I wouldn't be surprised. I know I used my mom's college typing instruction book.



When it comes to learning things, however, I find that I learn better by doing as opposed to reading about. But, it's handy to have a guide to go by when you are learning to do.

How about you? What have you learned about by reading? Click on the banner above to see some other thoughts - and play along with us!

Comments

  1. On Writing is a classic. Loved that book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Echo. I try to reread On Writing every few years. It's amazing.

    My post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love On Writing. Found a pristine copy at the used book sale and almost bought it for a giveaway. I should've. But I have a copy (two I think) and didn't want to be greedy. Hehe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love "On Writing" but find it more encouragement that for learning. Still, it's a must read IMHO. Yeah, I can't use the gardening book up here! LOL....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Neat ideas and a varied post. Thanks for the new Gardening book thought

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'll have to try On Writing. I always like reading about my craft.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Somehow, despite being a Stephen King fan, I've never read On Writing. I'm gonna change that!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment