Wednesday Weekly Blogging: Most Romantic Memory


My husband may not be the most overtly romantic man in the world - I never doubt his love for me, but romance is not generally on his radar. Even his "proposal" was "you know we're getting married one day, right?" He does have moments, though, when he goes out of his way to show me in special ways. He'll bring me flowers for no reason - love those "just because" moments.

There was one time, though, he really planned a special romantic surprise. We were at the coast in a one room cabin. I was in the small bathroom putting on my makeup when my husband asked me to bring him a cup of coffee when I was finished. I thought it a bit odd-- unless he's ill, he never asks me to do things for him. But, I finished what I was doing, poured him a cup of coffee and took it the 10 feet or so to where he was sitting on the couch. He looked at me and said, "I didn't want any coffee."

He then stood, took me by the hand, and led me to the coffee maker-- where, sitting on top, was a beautifully wrapped jewelry box. Yes, Ms. Oblivious struck again! It was definitely one of my most memorable "romantic memories."

How about you? Play along with us at Long and Short Reviews Weekly Blog Challenge.

Comments

  1. awwwwwww! love that!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHAHAHAHA ... I can absolutely see that. *snort*

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was so sweet of him.

    My post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. neat moment to remember

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that (and I would have been oblivious too!)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment