Saturday Seven: Mysteries with Recipes


Hosted by Long and Short Reviews


I love mysteries - it's no secret. I also love food - again, no secret. What better way to combine those two loves than talking about mystery writers who include recipes in their books?

1. Nancy Atherton with her Aunt Dimity novels. I love these books!! We have mysteries. We have food and recipes. We have a bit of romance. We have ghosts-- well, one ghost. What's not to love?

2. Jane Cantrell's Fat Cat Mystery series... not only recipes for humans, but recipes for cat treats as well. DC and ST approve.

3. Joanne Fluke's Hannah Swensen series. Each book is packed with a great story and delicious dessert recipes! Mouth-watering.

4. Diane Mott Davidson and her Goldy Schulz series.. fun times. Plus, she and I share a birthday, so that's also neat.

5. In Laura Childs' Tea Shoppe mysteries, not only will you find recipes, but also learn some fascinating facts about tea.

6. You can find some great tips about growing and using herbs in Susan Wittig Albert's China Bayles mysteries. I understand that her Darling Dahlia series also includes recipes, but I've not yet read those.

7. I have to admit, I've not read this one either.. but they sound wonderful: Iris Crawford and her series A Mystery with Recipes...can't get plainer than that!

Do you have any suggestions for mysteries or books with recipes?

Comments

  1. I had no idea that there was such a genre as mysteries that included recipes. How often do you try the recipes in those books? They must be delicious.

    My Saturday Seven post: http://lydiaschoch.com/saturday-seven-my-favourite-langston-hughes-poems/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for playing! These sound fun, and tasty too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun list! Several of these sound interesting? Do you actually make the recipes in the books?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well I do love Susan Albert-Wittig and the China Bayles series. I always learn a little more about herbs.

    I also like Lorna Barrett and her "Booktown Mysteries"

    ReplyDelete
  5. CC Dragon's Strawberry Top Mysteries all have recipes at the end, too. :-) The pumpkin cheesecake is sooo good.
    Here's my post: https://wendizwaduk.wordpress.com/2018/04/28/saturday-seven-7-records-i-discovered-because-of-the-library-with-meganslayer-satseven-saturday7-music-records-librarymonth/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've read the Aunt Dimity books (so fun!) and Diane Mott Davidson. I'll have to try the others. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have you tried any of the mystery recipes?

    Of course I have recipes that end up being mysteries...!

    My Saturday Seven is here:
    https://lisabetsarai.blogspot.com/2018/04/saturday-seven-favorite-poems.html

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment