I love mysteries - it's no secret. I also love food - again, no secret. What better way to combine those two loves than talking about mystery writers who include recipes in their books?
1. Nancy Atherton with her Aunt Dimity novels. I love these books!! We have mysteries. We have food and recipes. We have a bit of romance. We have ghosts-- well, one ghost. What's not to love?
2. Jane Cantrell's Fat Cat Mystery series... not only recipes for humans, but recipes for cat treats as well. DC and ST approve.
3. Joanne Fluke's Hannah Swensen series. Each book is packed with a great story and delicious dessert recipes! Mouth-watering.
4. Diane Mott Davidson and her Goldy Schulz series.. fun times. Plus, she and I share a birthday, so that's also neat.
5. In Laura Childs' Tea Shoppe mysteries, not only will you find recipes, but also learn some fascinating facts about tea.
6. You can find some great tips about growing and using herbs in Susan Wittig Albert's China Bayles mysteries. I understand that her Darling Dahlia series also includes recipes, but I've not yet read those.
7. I have to admit, I've not read this one either.. but they sound wonderful: Iris Crawford and her series A Mystery with Recipes...can't get plainer than that!
Do you have any suggestions for mysteries or books with recipes?