Saturday Seven: Dreams of Reading Nooks


Hosted by Long and Short Reviews


I thought that since this is my world of dreams, I would share with you some dream reading nooks I've discovered as I've perused the Internet. We have a small (just over 800 square feet) house at the coast, so I'm concentrating on ways I can possibly find a nook just for me:

I love this one...the wall color, the natural light, the fact it could be used for sleeping (if you aren't a giant ). Unfortunately, it won't work for our house unless we open up the attic. Now, there's an idea.


Now, here's an idea that might work... we don't need the closet in the spare bedroom, right? Now just to convince my husband his fishing stuff can go somewhere else... ideas on that?

I love this idea and have a covered porch, so it might work...at least for the spring and fall. When it's too cold or too hot, though, I would need an alternative. Maybe I better keep looking.


Here's another take on the spare room closet... I still haven't figured out the whole fishing equipment thing yet.

If I could find (or make) a free corner, this is definitely a possibility. I absolutely love the built in bookcases.

We have an exposed brink wall in our house... it was one of the officers' quarters in Lanark Village (you can read a bit about our history here. However, I'm getting old and would need something a lot higher than mattresses on the floor. I might get down, but I'm not so sure about getting back up.

I really like the looks of this chair... it's comfy. I would need to change it up to have a small table nearby for my drink, though... and maybe a shelf for books.

What about you? Do you have a favorite nook to read in?

Comments

  1. I think you'd better plan on making one of those nook ideas for me. I don't see a one that I couldn't sit and read in for a long long time. Do you have coffee? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathy.. we ALWAYS have coffee on! Come and visit anytime :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. All of these nooks look so cozy and inviting. If I had to pick just one of them, I'd go with the second one because I love the idea of shutting the door and reading in solitude.

    ReplyDelete
  4. All of them are nice but #5 is the one for me because I need to have my legs up.
    I have to have a phone near me, extra lighting so I can read at night, a drink holder,
    a place for my PC so I can read ePubs on my PC .... lots of pillows so I can fall asleep then wake up to read some more. ;)

    Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the idea of a reading nook, but a closet wouldn't work for me because I love having natural light...and a plant or two around to freshen the air. One of these days, I will have a window seat with lots of cushions...

    My post is at:

    https://thereadingaddict-elf.blogspot.com/2018/03/saturday-seven-last-7-things-i-have.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the fist one, and the exposed brick wall one - so cozy!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment