I'm Off Work and Get to.... Work

Today is the first day of my three day weekend. In case you don't know, I work at the library full-time, but since we are open on Saturdays and two nights a week, it's not a 9-5/M-F kinda job. We are closed on Sunday, but that just means that Mondays are really really busy. I work one night a week (Tuesday) and every other Saturday. The Saturday I work, I'm off Sunday and then back to work on Monday. So...the following weekend, I have F/S/S off. It's nice, but by Thursday before the 3DW, I'm toast...so last night, I came home, and vegged. Did a little bloghopping and visiting commenters from yesterday, played a little Bejeweled Blitz on Facebook (my friend hit over 500,000.... I love a challenge ...lol), and did little else. So....

This morning I have to get on the stick and finish the LASR/WC pages before Marianne hits me with aforesaid stick, so... toodles!!

~*~*~

For the daily "How Alike Are Judy and Marianne" Quiz:




You Are Radiant



You have a natural glow from with in. You seem to always sparkle.

You are joyful and delighted with the world. You have found your bliss.



You remain bright and sunny even when the outlook isn't so good.

You believe the world is a glorious place, and you're going to celebrate it as much as you can.




Yeah, even though we got the same results, you can see by her response just how accurate it is for her! Me, pretty close.

As illustration, in 1996 my family and I lived near Raleigh when Hurricane Fran came in, leaving us without power for over a week. At one point, my oldest daughter was griping about the heat, or the lack of hot water, or something, and I said to this 16-year-old that we could just think of it as if we were living back in the days of Little House on the Prairie. She put her hands on her hips, looked at me for a long moment, and said, "Mom, do you have to always be so cheerful about everything?"

Well...yeah... pretty much :-)

Comments