Today's Thursday 13 is part of the Virtual Book Tour for Wendi Zwaduk's My Immortal. Leave a comment to be entered into a drawing for a download of this book. Check out the rest of her stops for more chances to enter.
With a little commentary because I love to talk
13. Doesn’t your friend Falco bounce there?
(sounds kinda hinky unless you read the book.. hee hee)
12. Vampires were people, too…
11. "I know how you hate to lose, so I’m placing a wager."
10. "I’ll tell you while we wait. Or do I have to spank you to get you to behave?"
( I love a man who takes charge.)
9. "It’s the middle of August and at least eighty-eight degrees here in New Haven. I can’t fathom why you’re cold."
(This comes out of my real life. I am perpetually cold. DH would tell you combined with my inability to tan, I probably am part vampire.)
8. "When you’re done with the time killer, come find me."
(The antagonist has the best one-liners.)
7. You missed the Bruce and Cherylyn show.
(Nope, not a reality show on TV. A real life couple arguing in public. You can't make this stuff up.)
6. She smacked the cool metal into his outstretched hand. "You can drive, but if you scratch my baby, I will come get you." She crossed in front of the hood and thanked the attendant as he closed her door. "Don’t forget, I know where you live and the security code."
(She's talking about her '78 Camaro, and yeah, if I had a Camaro, I'd protect it as if it were my child, too.)
5. "We stayed up until nearly six in the morning, bad girl. I would like to think I wore you out, but your skepticism wounds me."
(Can't let the man's ego grow too big)
4. The man tightened his grip on her wrist. The leather gloves he wore creaked. "Do as I say and look less conspicuous. We’re a couple out on an evening stroll."
"Yeah, because men lead their women around like cattle in this town."
(I loved Stevie's response here. She's a pill and not about to let antagonist win.)
3. "You know NASCAR bores me to tears, right?"
"I don’t doubt it, and I have a plan that should keep your attention just fine."
"Tell me the plan, babe." Storm kissed her. "Get me up to speed."
She scraped his areolas with her fingernails. "You can’t watch a race without sporting your colours, but since you don’t have a favourite driver," she nibbled her bottom lip, "you’ll be nude."
(NASCAR is a sport you love or hate. But if this is one way to make it more interesting...I think more people would fall in love.)
2. "I think about her all the time But I won’t mess things up. Now, go to sleep before the sun comes up and bakes you to a crisp." Or I come over there and kick your ass for butting in.
(Vampire threats. No one else is afraid the sun will bake them, unless they're trying to tan.)
1. You and Storm belong together, like you’re cut from the same oddball cloth or something.
(Coming from Stevie's sister, Gypsy, this is the ultimate compliment. Plus, oddballs are the best balls.)
Blurb: What’s a girl to do when she finds out the man of her dreams is a 340 year old vampire?
Run like hell or offer her heart.
Being a vampire hasn’t been easy for Storm Richardson. He’s not programmed to kill or harm, unless he needs to feed. When he meets Stephanie “Stevie” Persing, he knows he’s found his mate. But if he crosses the line between work and play, he risks losing the only person who matters—her.
Stevie’s been in love with Storm since the moment she laid eyes on him. He’s brooding, intense, and her one weakness. But is her heart too steep a price to pay for his love, especially when she discovers his deepest secrets?
Click to participate in Thursday 13.