Monday Meme


January 26th Questions:

1. What was your favorite subject in grade school? Why did you enjoy this subject so much? What was your favorite part about this subject?
I loved school, but my favorite subject was always English/reading/writing. Any combination of those two. I didn't really hate any subject, although I have to admit I had to work at math more than I did any of the others. I've always been a reader, so being told you HAVE to read for school? Joy! I couldn't be fussed at for not doing chores around the house because... I was doing homework :-)

2. Tell me about your best friend in grade school. Do you still keep in touch? If not, why did the friendship dissolve? My best friend was Karen Bruce. We were inseparable. Unfortunately when we got to high school she got mixed up with the wrong sort of people, left school and moved to Atlanta, where she was murdered. I still miss the friendship we had.

3. Do you remember your first day of school? If not your very first day, then please tell us about the earliest memory of your first day of school - how did you feel? What did you wear? Did it take long for you to make new friends? Do you remember anything about the classroom or the teacher? The first day I actually remember was in kindergarten. I remember flashes from then. At that time (yes, I'm old) all the little girls wore dresses to school. I remember sitting on the floor watching the first manned space flight in 1961.

4. Let’s jump to middle school. What were your middle school years like? Did you have a lot of friends? Did you adjust quickly or slowly to the change from grade school? What was your favorite subject in middle school? I was nervous going to middle school (or as it was known then, Junior High). English was still my favorite subject, but I also took Spanish and enjoyed that. Changing classes was the hardest thing to get used to (plus having people around I'd not grown up with). All of the elementary schools were together at Junior High. chanel handbags


*****Don't forget to check out Karen's giveaway while you are at her site.. and join us for Karen's Monday Meme.

Comments

  1. Anonymous9:12 AM

    I don't think it is all that surprising that so many of us bloggers are listing English as our favourite subjects :) Happy Monday and thanks for visiting :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved math.
    Sorry to hear about your friend....

    ReplyDelete
  3. English, reading and writing were always my very favorite also. Great Meme!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment