Happy New Year

Happy New Year, everyone. I'm here with my only true resolution: to be a more consistent blogger. You note I did not say to blog every day. I hope to, but there's no use setting myself up for failure. I'm stealing a New Year's meme from Marianne, who stole it from Allie.

1. What did you do in 2008 that you'd never done before? Started to work at the library. I've worked before (but not for a long time). It's been hard on both Bob and me. We love spending time together and it's been hard having to be apart.

2. Did you keep your new year's resolutions, and will you make more for next year? I don't think I really made any New Year's resolutions this past year. And, I'm not really making any this year. I do have some changes I want to make, but they are rather nebulous.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth? A former co-worker had a baby, but we're not really close.

4. Did anyone close to you die? My cousin died in October.

5. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008? Time and money.

6. What date from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? September 10-- the date Aaron got married.

7. What was your biggest achievement of the year? The success of LASR. It's been amazing the way it's grown. So much, we are thinking about hiring help! Let me know if you are interested. :-)

8. What was your biggest failure? Not writing enough. That included on this blog and fiction.

9. What was the best thing you bought? Uh....hmmm.... I don't know. OH... we bought Bob a mini-laptop (his desktop died and this will work well when we go to the shore..if we ever get to again... and on the big boat for navigation).

10. Whose behaviour merited celebration? My kids'...they are all good kids and make me proud even when I want to pinch their heads off.

11. Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed? Going to steal Marianne's answer here...because she said it well: There are far too many to count. There are times I think this world is beyond saving. Then I remember there are more folks with good hearts... guess it's a balance.

12. Where did most of your money go? Keeping Arcadia up. Business about died the last half of the year, but when you own your business not all the expenses quit. There are still payments that have to be made (hence, my going back to work).

13. What did you get really, really excited about? I've been excited about our new look at the LASR website. Also, Marianne and I are about to venture forth on another new adventure, so stay tuned :-)

14. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder?
Happier. My kids are all in good relationships and I'm pleased about that. I hate that I had to go to work, but at least I have a job when a lot of people don't and I love the library. chanel handbags
ii. thinner or fatter? Fatter.. and I don't even know how many. My scales are broken (note to self: buy new scales)
iii. richer or poorer? Probably about the same. When Bob retired he moved his portfolio into a more secure, more conservative fund, so we weren't hit by the stock market fall as hard as a lot of people. But with the business slowing down, it hurt our cash flow quite a bit. But, once business picks back up (and it has started some), that will resolve itself.

15. What do you wish you'd done more of? Written.

16. What do you wish you'd done less of? Busy work that takes time away from more important things. However, it's stuff that needs to be done.

17. Did you fall in love in 2008? I stayed in love; does that count?

18. Did your heart break in 2008? No..maybe it got bruised a bit, but not broken.

19. What was your favourite TV program? Marianne turned me on to "Eureka" and I can't wait for it to come back again.

20. What kept you sane? My husband. He's always supportive and there for me. Even when he gets frustrated by my being on the computer (and, let's face it, I'm on the computer a LOT), he loves me. Having friends online that are close to me. I don't have many IRL friends here in Tifton (we just stay so busy), so it's really good to have online friends to chat with.

21. What political issue stirred you the most? The US Presidential campaign and election.

22. Who was the best new person you met? My new boss...she's interesting. Has lived in several places before coming to our little town and it's neat hearing her talk about her experiences.

23. Favorite book you read? I don't think I have a favorite. I've read a lot of books and can't alway remember WHEN I've read one. There are some really really good books out there. I did read Sherrilyn Kenyon for the first time and enjoyed her. I've also read some really good books by Karen Harper.

24. Favorite movie? We watch a lot of old movies on the cable (gotta love Turner Classic Movies and the Fox Movie Channel). I did see the end of "Miss Potter" last night...I would like to see that. We just don't go to the theater very much. I'm not sure we went at all last year...yes, we did. We went to see the new Indiana Jones movie when it was released.

25. What are your plans for 2009? I would like to write more, to be more consistent on the blog, and to lose weight.




You Remember 60% of 2008



Okay, you were somewhat paying attention during 2008.

But you're not going to impress anyone with your knowledge of what went down.



You know the basics about what went down, but little else...

Let's just say you won't be writing the history book for 2008.



Can you tell I'm not the most news-savvy person around?

Comments

  1. That's a great meme. I may have to steal that one.

    Sorry about the business troubles you've been having, but it sounds like there were plenty of positive, happy times throughout the year to help keep things balanced for you.

    Happy New Year to you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment