Monday Mayhem



July 7th Questions:

1. What is your blog about? How long have you been blogging? Why did you begin blogging? Is it the same reason that you continue to blog today? How has your blog changed over the time you’ve had it? In six words, sum up your blog.
My blog started because my (at the time)writing friend and critique partner, Marianne, told me I needed one. That it would help me in my writing. My first blog post was...let me see.....wow... October 18, 2005. Nearly three years. Those first posts...I was still learning. I would remember something I wanted to say...or find something I wanted to share... and just do a new post. I had no idea you could actually... y'know... EDIT something you'd already done. It's been a fun nearly three years. I'll need to put my third year blogaversary on the calendar and do something fun. Any ideas?

2. When you go for a haircut, do you do something drastic? Or are you more of a ‘just a trim’ sort of person? Do you color your hair? If so, how often? Tell us about your best, and worst, hairstyle. What sort of hairsyle do you think looks good on you now? Normally just a trim. And, yes, I color my hair. Not so much to get rid of gray...I just don't have much... but to maintain my blonde-ness. I've been a blonde all my life and the last several years it has gotten steadily darker...like I'm losing my color. I have a friend who is a redhead that's experiencing the same phenamenon. What is up with that??? I did a search (I really like Google) and the best answer I can find is "nobody knows." Gee... how helpful. Anyway, I digress. Badly. The best hairstyle on me is the one I have now. Wispy bangs, long. I can just do a lot more with it with a lot less trouble if I wear it long. And, as long as it looks good on me long, I'm going to go for it. My hairstyle disaster. When my oldest was a baby, I had it cut and permed. I looked like a poodle. 'Nuff said.

3. Tell us about your 4th of July celebration. Show us some pictures (if you have them). What did your family do? Did you go and see a big fireworks display? Or did you stay home and have a (semi) quiet family fireworks celebration? On a scale of 1 to 10 (10 being the best), how patriotic would you say you are? Do you routinely talk about our country’s issues within your family unit? Do you and your significant other see eye-to-eye on political issues? International friends: tell us how you celebrate your country’s birthday/new year/significant annual event. This is the first year since we've had our place at the shore we weren't able to go for the holiday. I was bummed. Bob was exhausted (he had had a non-stop week...from flooring the hall bathroom the entire weekend before to a lot of work last week). So... we zoned out. Stayed in. Stayed on the computers. Watched some old movies. In concession to the day, I cooked some ribs, made some potato salad, and had fresh cucumbers and tomatoes, and my mom came over to eat with us. That was it. Politics? Bob and I are very closely aligned politically, but we tend not to talk about politics except with each other (or one or two close friends). We don't like political arguments and there's no sense in stirring up the dust. But, I consider myself very patriotic.

4. If you only had enough time each day to read one section of the newspaper, which section would you read? Why this particular section? Well, I always look at the Obits first.. to make sure I should go on and read the rest. If I find myself there, I want to know so I can go lie down. Actually... I glance at the headlines, but always read the comics first. I have to find out what the kids in Zits is up to this time.

Comments