Tuesday Twitters


Blogger finally cooperated and let me post pictures of our garden. Last year we had a small spot for my mom to play in... this year, it's about twice as big. And, Bob is really getting into this whole gardening thing. We're already talking about what to put in our fall garden and looking at new things to add to next year's garden. Plus, I was looking at my copy of The Old Farmer's Almanac and discovered that a lot of what we planted late April should have been planted in February. Who knew?



This is one of our squash/zucchini plants. They are FULL of blooms. I didn't know that squash/zucchini flowers close up at night, though.



Our cucumbers also have a lot of blooms. As a matter of fact, one is about ready to pick. It's strange, though. Most of the cukes are ... well, cucumber shaped. One (on the same vine as others) is round. I thought at first it was some kind of melon.



Our okra has a multitude of itsy-bitsy okras. We've already gotten one off, but I have the feeling we'll be starting to harvest okra daily very soon.



And... these are some of our beans/peas. We bought some heirloom seeds and are really looking forward to seeing how they turn out.

~~~~
I ended up not getting anything done yesterday except what absolutely had to be done. The barometric pressure had been dropping for two days and whenever the pressure falls my sinuses have a heyday. And... yesterday, my sinus headache turned into a full-blown migraine...loads of fun. But, I woke up this morning. Our barometric pressure is on the rise, I am sinus-pain free, and ready to get some stuff done!

Y'all have a great day, now, y'hear?

Comments

  1. Sorry about the headaches, but glad you're feeling better. I'm almost jealous of that garden of yours. Almost. *g* I don't know that I'd enjoy keeping one up. It's too hot for that! But it looks good and I know y'all will be reaping the benefits soon.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment