Monday Morning and Mutterings

Have you visited Marianne yet today to see where she's stopping on her virtual tour and how you can win some goodies?

~~~~~
Speaking of winning some goodies, you DON'T want to miss out on stopping by The Long and the Short of It. Romantic suspense writer Karen Harper is with us. Not only do we have a great interview with her, but THREE lucky people will win a copy of her book. Two will win ARCs of her newest book, being released this week, and the third will win an autographed copy of her last book. You can check out the review of the autographed book here. The review for the newly released book will be out tomorrow.
~~~~~



February 18th Questions:

1. How did your mother spend her day? Did she have a job or do volunteer work outside the home? How did her outside commitments affect your family? How did they affect you? My mom and dad separated when I was five and we came to Tifton to live with my grandparents, so Mama worked as long as I can remember. My grandmother took care of my sister and myself. Because I didn't know anything else, it was a normal life for me. I don't have any memories before that, so I don't know if there was a lot of adjustment or not. I'm sure there must have been, but my dad was in the Navy and we used to come home some and stay with Grandmama and Granddaddy when he was off at sea, so for a long time I thought that's what was going on (kids have no real idea of time, do they?)

2. What’s the most embarrassing moment you’ve ever witnessed, live? When I was in college, a girl I'd befriended in our dorm signed up for the talent contest. The situation was horrible and sad. She tried so hard to fit in, but had a breakdown of some kind a little later. I often wonder what happened to her.

3. If you could add the number of hours in a day, how many would you add and how would this impact your daily life? I don't know. Sometimes rather than hours in the day, I'd rather turn myself into more people. You know, like in that movie with Bill Murray, "Clones"? I'd make one of me to go work with Bob, one of me to clean my house, one of me to do my writing and stuff. Of course, I would want all the memories of all of them... well, maybe not the clone who cleans house.

4. If you had to spend one year living alone in a remote cabin (without Internet!), what would you spend your time doing? Elaborate - what would you typical day look like? As long as I can have plenty of books, paper and writing implements I'd be fine. I'd get up in the morning and go for a long walk... look at what the birds and wildlife are doing. Then I'd spend the rest of the day reading, writing, or wandering around. I don't mind being alone and I can always find something to do.

~~~~~
From This Day In History...courtesy of Wikipedia

February 18, 1885: Mark Twain's Adventures of Huckleberry Finn is published for the first time.

Comments

  1. Ooh... I like the idea of clones even better than hours. Yes!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:40 PM

    If I had a clone to take care of dirty diapers, clean the dog crate, and take out the trash, I would be in heaven.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment