Greetings from Florida

We're on vacation at our place on the coast and having a wonderfully relaxing time. We've been out fishing several times and have enjoyed some afternoon summer showers.

While we were out fishing today, we came upon an unusual (for me) sight. Our boat was surrounded by hundreds of jellyfish. I wish I'd had my camera, but we don't take it on the boat (and if you could see my book you'd understand why! It's in the oven now trying to dry out...lol). It looked like we were floating in a sea of softballs! Soft, gelitanious(is that a word?), floaty softballs. It was interesting to see them. Apparently those are not the stingy kind, but I didn't take any chances. I also didn't feel the need to bring any home and try to cook them.... although the website I linked to said they were edible, I didn't feel the need to find out.

We also saw about four large stingrays swimming off to the side of our boat. They were awesome. They looked to be about 18" apart from wingtip to wingtip.

A whole lot of fishing was done, but not a lot of catching... and no "keepers." The final score was 7 hardhead catfish, 4 ladyfish, and 2 speckled trout(too small to keep, darn it!)

Now... off to do some errands, cause even at the shore there are things to do, places to go and people to see....

Cheers!

Comments

  1. Ooh, I would have loved to see all those jellyfish! Spooky and beautiful all at the same time, I bet. Happy 4th!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Judy! Glad you're enjoying your vacation. Wow, hundreds of jellyfish. It must have been a fascinating sight. I didn't know you could actually eat them. Interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous4:44 PM

    I don't think I'd like to try jellyfish either. Sounds like you're having a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would have loved to have seen the jellyfish! That sounds amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the jellyfish scene in Finding Nemo. They seem so surreal and peaceful. I'm sure in real life it's even more beautiful!

    Wouldn't want to eat one though. :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. To bad you didnt have your camera, but i dont blame you for not wanting to take it on the boat, i wouldnt either. Sounds like your having a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How neat that must have been! I love to see sea life, but living in a land locked state makes that difficult . LOL

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment