3 Word Wednesday on Thursday

Welcome again to 3 Word Wednesday. Yes, I know it's Thursday… what do you expect from a blonde? A day late and a dollar short…that's me! 3 Word Wednesday is the brainchild of Bones at "If You Read Only One Blog This Year". Here are the rules, blatantly stolen verbatim from his site:

Each week, I will post three (or more) random words. Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to write something using all of those words. It can be a few lines, a story, a poem, anything. This is a writing exercise. It doesn't have to be perfect. The idea is to let your mind wander and write what it will. I'll also attempt to write something using the same three words.

Leave a comment if you participate.

This week's words are:
Crowd
Sneak
Raging


Lauren pushed through the throng of people seeking that one face. A raging fire swept through her blood. What had he been thinking of? Did he really think he was going to get away with it? If it was the last thing she did, she was going to confront him… here in front of the whole crowd.

In the corner she spied him. The sneak. The coward. He'd pay. He'd pay dearly.
He caught sight of her and his eyes widened. Then he glanced at what she held in her hand. She hadn't thought it possible, but his eyes got even bigger. He held his hands up, as if to push her away, but he didn't utter one word. The expression showed he knew what was coming was inevitable.

With a grimace of pain, he closed his eyes, opened his mouth, and swallowed the medicine his mom had brought him.

"The next time you leave for the park without taking your cough medicine, head's are going to roll, young man!"

Comments

  1. Anonymous10:20 AM

    Really adorable ending!

    When I post my 3WW's on a Wednesday, people get confused :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. seem to have the same problem here that I have at Bone's.

    It's www.courtingdestiny.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it!!! The twist ending is fantastic! I laughed out loud :-)

    I participated this week, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. very cute and so totally unique!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I played too.

    http://readingtoknow.blogspot.com/2007/03/3-word-wednesday-on-thursday.html

    Thanks for passing along the idea .....haven't done that before. Kinda fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it, love it, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, very cute... Good to see that you're writing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Me again... we aren't driving to FLA otherwise I would totally stop and call you. We thought about it, but decided that The Boy was just not ready for that long of a car trip (or maybe we aren't ready for that long of a car trip with him!)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'll agree with all that's been said. I was building up for this big dramatic confrontation :)

    Sorry I didn't make it by last week.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment