Yesterday was a wild and crazy day, so I didn't get the chance to post. And, today we're going to TRY to finish our Christmas shopping... sigh. Next year, I'm starting in January!!!
Now, here from Dee, this week's Tuesday Twosome.
1. Do you celebrate a religious meaning to this season and if so, what (Christmas, Hanukkah, etc.)? If not, why? Yes, Christmas... because when all is said and done, Jesus really IS the reason for the season... no matter what day He was actually born.
2. What does this holiday season mean to you and why? Besides the answer to #1, to me it's a time for family and friends to get together. BTW, have I mentioned lately that all the kids will be home this year??? ;-) Bekah and Anthony will be here in the wee hours of Friday morning and Beth will be here sometime Saturday. Aaron and Ashley are, of course, already here.
3. Which do you enjoy the most: giving presents or receiving presents and why? Giving presents. There is something immensely satisfying about looking for just the right gift... I guess that's why I only do gift cards for stocking stuffers.
4. Name two holiday movies that best describes the season for you: The Christmas Story-- that's one movie that makes me laugh everytime I see it. I'm going to buy Bob one of those leg lamps one day... just wait and see. (shhhh.. that's a secret); It's a Wonderful Life -- just reinforces the idea that we are all here for a purpose, even if that purpose isn't evident to us all the time. There IS a reason for our existence and, if we weren't here, it WOULD make a difference.
5. Name two holiday songs that best describes the season for you: I'll Be Home for Christmas; Mary, Did You Know?
Looking forward to hearing from you.
PS... BTW, any computer experts out there... my IE has suddenly decided it doesn't like two windows open at the same time. I did a search and they said to fix the registry... which I did. Still no help. Any ideas???