Green Sister 12

Mark looked at her a minute longer and then shrugged. "The last I heard from her she was in Falstaff, working with Dr. Defoe out there."

Janna glanced at her watch and exclaimed, "My goodness, look at the time. I forgot I had an appointment uptown in just a little while. Thanks for the ice," she continued, handing Mark the plastic bag with the melting ice. "My elbow feels so much better now."

Placing the bag on the tray, Mark walked Janna to the door. "I'm sorry you have to rush off. It's been nice having you here."

Janna impulsively leaned forward and kissed him on the cheek. "I enjoyed it, too, Mark. Maybe we could get together again?"

"I'll call you. Are you in the phone book?"

Janna nodded and went out the door. What was she thinking of? This was not the time for a possible romance. Not with Nancy the Black lurking out there. Her feet, though, seemed to ignore her brain's misgivings, as she floated down the hall and to her car.

Comments

  1. Wonderful! Sorry I didn't get to it sooner, but I'm all caught up now. I think it's time the Green Sister had a little help fighting crime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay... I'm waiting for your next exerpt, J... it's been almost a week. C'mon, it's not like you have a life or anything.

    Right?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment