A Conspiracy

My kids and my sister conspired against me. I'm not upset about it though... they gave me a lovely surprise.

Backstory: My son is in the Marines. He's been in California at MOS school. He was able to come home for Christmas, but said he wouldn't be able to get leave after MOS before heading out to his first duty post (Hawaii...it's a tough job, but somebody's got to do it, right?). Anyway, I didn't hear from him for several days after school was out, so emailed him and asked him what was up. His response: as soon as they got to Hawaii, they had been put right to work repairing the network (he's a network administrator) and just hadn't had time to email me. Okay... fast forward a week.

I get a call about 9:30 Saturday night. It's my son... just calling to tell me he loved me. Now, y'all have to know... that's not my son. He just wouldn't do that out of the blue. So... I tell my DH... "something's wrong. I don't know what it is, but something's wrong. I'm going to call him back." About that time, there was a knock on the door. DH goes and comes back into the hall... "I don't have my keys" (the deadbolt was already locked). I ask (as I grab MY keys), "Well, who is it?"
He hollers back from the bedroom... "I think it's DD". Well, I'm fussing, 'cause if she needs to knock to get in, that means she's lost her house key AND her car keys. I go to the door... and (yep, you guessed it)... my Marine son was standing there grinning like a Chesire cat.

Surprises like that are nice. The kids did good.

Comments

  1. The best kind of surprise. That's great! How long is he staying?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi... he has to report back on February 20. You should have seen me... everyone was laughing (except me... you know how those tears can be!)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment